Sunday, March 2, 2014

PTU - Goodnight Moon

This tutorial was written on 03/02/2014 and assumes you have working knowledge of PSP. Any simularities to other tuts is purely coincidental and not done on purpose.


For this tutorial you will need:

PSP - I use X3 but most versions will do
Tube of choice, I used the art of Melissa Dawn
You can purchase this tube at CDO. Do not use without purchasing a license first.
Scrap kit of choice, if using the same scraps as me, it's the matching kit with Pack 24
You may ONLY use these scraps with Melissa Dawn's art.
Mask84 by WSL
 Eye Candy 4000, or any other filter with a gradient glow
Font of choice, I used Adios Script Pro

Open new image 700 x 700. Copy frame 3, paste as a new layer and resize 80%.

Copy your tube, paste as a new layer, then activate the frame layer again and drag this layer above the tube. Click on your raster deform tool, move the frame down to near the bottom of the tube and then click on the top middle node and drag it upwards till it's almost as tall as your tube.


You can move the frame layer back under the tube layer now. Click inside the frame with your magic wand. Expand by 3 and add a new raster layer. Open a paper of choice, I used paper 7. Copy and paste into selection on your tag and deselect. Move your paper layer under the frame.

Now we're going to add our elements. I used the following resized at the percentage noted, see my tag for reference:

Element 9, resized 60%, mirrored and place behind the tube on the right.

Element 8, resized 40%, placed to the left of the tube.

Element 10, resized 50%, placed to the bottom right of the tube. Duplicate, mirror and move the duplicate layer under the tube. Activate the original, click on your selection tool and select around any stars you don't want to sit on top of the tube layer and press delete on your keyboard. I removed the 2 big white stars, but left the smaller ones around the bottom where they were. Deselect.

Now give your frame and elements all a drop shadow of 0, 0, 60, 10. I gave my tube a drop shadow of -3, 3, 55, 12. Then repeated the drop shadow at 1, -1, 40, 5.

Activate the bottom layer in your palette, copy and paste paper of choice, I chose to use paper 7 again. Add mask from image and merge group. Then I used my raster deform tool to pull it out a bit on all 4 sides so I could see more of the mask. Then once I had it where I liked it, I duplicated the mask layer, changed the blend mode on this layer to Multiply and lowered the opacity to 60% and merge down.

Now with your mask layer still active, click on your crop tool. Crop layer opaque but make sure you don't cut off any tubes or elements in your tag.

Now I don't like large tags so I resized mine down 75%, all layers checked.

Activate the top layer in your palette and add your copyright, license and tagger's mark. Don't forget to credit the scrap kit if required.

Click your text tool and add your name using colors from your tube. Give it an inner bevel, I used:


Now give your name a thin gradient glow and a drop shadow of -2, 2, 60, 5.

Merge visible and save as a png or merge all and save as a jpg. Congrats, you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment