Like My Blog

Chat

My Blinkies


Feel free to snag my blinkie below.

I CT for:

 photo mpp2-vi.gif

Blog Creed

I have a promise to you. Whenever I link to somebody else's blog, I always link to the direct post unless it's something that doesn't have a post. I make sure that all links open in a new tab/window. I strive to write my tuts easy to read and follow. I always include a screenshot when I feel the tut calls for it. However, I admit that I am not perfect, if I miss something, please let me know so I can fix it. Thank you.

Labels

Followers

Visitors

Listen & Win

977music.com - Free Internet Radio and Music
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
This tutorial was written by me on 04/02/2014 and assumes you have working knowledge of PSP. Any simularities to other tuts is purely coincidental and not done on purpose.


For this tut you will need:

PSP - I use version X3 but most versions will do
Tube of choice - I'm using the artwork of Caron Vinson. You can buy it from CDO
Do not use this tube without purchasing a license first.
Girlie In Pink scrapkit by A Space Between
This kit was free when I got it, but it's PTU now
Template 157 from Becky's Creations
Mask 84 by WSL
Font of choice, I used P22 Corinthia
Xero Porcelain
Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow or any other filter with a gradient glow

Let's begin, remember to save often.

Open template in psp, duplicate and close original. Delete the info layer and I chose to delete all the shadow layers so I could use my own drop shadows, but this is optional. Press shift S to bring up the Resize box. Now with CDO tubes at least, TOU states they're to be no larger than 72 ppi/dpi. The template is 200 ppi. So change the resolution to 72. Change the percentage to 100, make sure all layers are checked and click ok. Go to Image, Canvas size and change the dimensions to 650 x 650, center placement.

Activate rectangle 2. Open paper of choice, I used paper 7. Copy and paste as a new layer. Resize 80%, all layers unchecked. Activate the rectangle 2 layer again. Select all, float, defloat and invert. Activate the paper layer once more and press delete. Deselect. Delete the rectangle 2 layer. Drop shadow 0, 0, 80, 10.

Activate the square layer. Select all, float, defloat. Add a new raster layer. Open paper of choice, I used paper 6. Copy and paste into selection. Deselect and delete the original square layer. Repeat same shadow as above.

Activate the rectangle 1 layer. Repeat what you did with the first rectangle layer with a different paper, I used paper 10. Repeat same shadow as before.

Activate the frame fill layer. Click on it with your magic wand. Flood fill with a color from your tube. I used #e690af. Deselect when done. Repeat with the circle fill layer.

Open a close up of your tube and paste as a new layer. Make sure this layer is under the main frame layer. Arrange where you like it, I mirrored mine. Activate the main frame layer, click inside with your magic wand, expand by 3, invert selection, activate the closeup tube and press delete. Deselect.

Now on that tube layer. Duplicate the tube. On the original give it a gaussian blur of 2. On the duplicate apply Xero Porcelain on default settings but move the blue slider to 0. Change blend mode to Luminance Legacy. Give the original tube layer a slight drop shadow of 0, 0, 50, 5.

Activate the circle fill layer. Copy and paste a regular size of your tube as a new layer. Arrange her inside the frame as you like. Activate the circle frame layer, click inside with your magic wand, expand by 3 and invert. Activate the tube layer again and press delete, deselect.

Duplicate this tube, on the original give it a gaussian blur of 3. On the duplicate, apply the porcelain filter again but this time change the blend mode to overlay.

Now go back down and activate the main frame layer. Click on it with your magic wand. Go to selections, modify, smooth and put 10 in both boxes, make sure both options below are checked and click ok. Add a new raster layer and flood fill with a light color from your tube. I think I used #f4cada. (I wrote this tut a couple days after I made the tag.) Deselect and repeat with the circle frame. You can delete the original frame layers now.

With one of your frame layers activated, apply an inner bevel:


Repeat with the other frame. Now if you chose to delete the original drop shadow layers, then give both frames a drop shadow of 0, 0, 80, 10.

Give the stitch line a drop shadow of 0, 0, 80, 5.

Activate the large dot layer. Open a paper of choice, I used paper 7 again. Copy and paste as a new layer, I resized mine down 30% as I wanted the polka dots to be small. Activate the dot layer, select all, float, defloat and invert. Activate the paper layer again, press delete and deselect. Delete the original dot layer and drop shadow, 0, 0, 80, 10.

Repeat the shadow on the pink dots and butterfly 1 layers. Both the pink dots and the butterfly 1 layer I left as they are and just shadowed them.

Activate the butterfly 2 layer. Open a paper of choice, I used paper 5. Copy and paste as a new layer. Resize the paper down till it's smaller then the canvas size. Arrange it over the butterfly so you'll have color where you want it. I had to crop sections off of the paper so I didn't have any parts going over the edge of the canvas so when I shadowed the butterfly so there would be no risk of a shadow on the edge of the canvas where it's not supposed to be, that does happen sometimes.

So then activate the butterfly 2 layer, select all, float, defloat and invert. Activate the paper layer and press delete and deselect. Delete the original butterfly 2 layer and shadow as you have before.

Repeat with the butterfly 3 layer, for that one I used the bottom right corner of paper 1. Don't forget to shadow when you're done if you're not using the original shadow layer.

Now go down and activate the stitch line layer again. Open element 43 from your kit. Copy and paste as a new layer. Resize 80# and line up the bottom of the sparkles with the bottom of the bottom rectangle layer. On mine it's the one with the dots. Now there were some parts of the sparkles that went over the close up face tube layer that I didn't want, so I used my eraser tool to remove those.

Make sure the sparkle layer is active and open element 32. Copy and paste as a new layer and rotate 90 degrees to the left and mirror. Resize 78% and line up on the left side of the tag, with the bottom of the ribbon lined up with the bottom of the rectangle 1 layer. Make sure you can see the drop shadow on the rectangle layer. Then give the bow a drop shadow of -2, 0, 60, 10.

Activate the top layer in your palette and paste your main tube. Give her a drop shadow of -3, 3, 60, 10. Repeat the drop shadow at 1, -1, 50, 5.

Activate the white background layer in your palette. Copy and paste a paper of choice, I used paper 11. Add mask from image and merge group. I used the nodes to drag the mask out a bit so it extends on each side of the tag so I could see it better.

With your mask layer still active, click on your crop tool and crop layer opaque. Make sure you don't cut off any tubes, elements or drop shadows. Especially the sparkle element.

Now if you wish to resize your tag, now is the time to do it. I resized mine 80%.

Activate the top layer in your palette again, should be your main tube. Add your copyright, license info and tagger's mark.

Add your font using colors from your tube. I gave it an inner bevel of:


Then a slight white gradient glow and a drop shadow of -2, 2, 60, 10.

Delete the white background layer. Merge visible and save as a png or merge all and save as a jpg. Congrats, you're done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment